1. Why did you leave India?
It is my ambition.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
May be later. Hyderabad.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Of course better working and living conditions.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
I miss my country and parents.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Not really thought about it.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
My first priority will be to control corruption and bring in discipline in government employees.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Its culture, History and Kindness of people.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
3) Bad governance
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
I do not think so as long as leaders do not change.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Since I am a cricket lover I will stick to the first one.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1) Self sufficiency in Food
3) Growth of IT field
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Spending with family members.
15. What is your happiest memory?
When I go back to India and see my beloved ones.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Travelling to Chandigarh in early nineties in Shatabdi express.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Chapati and chicken.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
2) Kuch kuch hota hai
3) Raja Hindustani
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1) Otherside of Midnight(Sydney Sheldon )
2) Instant analysis (David Lieberman)
3) Best laid plans
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Always remember your country and your fellow countrymen where ever you are.
Meet Kandadi Janardhan Reddy.He currently lives in Nairobi, Kenya.
Published - March 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.