1. Why did you leave India?
Politics in the government. Lack of opportunities.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Missing my family and friends.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
A little. You lose something to gain something.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
We cannot live in fear. This is the biggest question we face. That should be decided before leaving home.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Get rid of political and other forms of corruption. However this will be impossible, so I will legalize it.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Every individual who has come here with a dream.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Everything since I left India in 1967.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
Rural life and no pressures.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
To China and Hawaii.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Manh ki daal.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
1) Mother India
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1) Glimpses of World history
2) My experiments with truth
3) Rich and famous like us
20.A message from you to other NRIs
If you are missing your home you are not alone. We are all together.
Meet Baldev Sood.He currently resides in Toronto, Canada.
Published - February 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.