1. Why did you leave India?
For higher education in masters degree in public health.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
I would like to return and I will settle in Hyderabad.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
The education, the job system and the opportunities.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I cannot even imagine ...I cannot do that.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Remove reservation's from the education system, meanwhile provide all education facilities to backward students.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
2) Hard working people
3) Family relationships
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Improving the education system.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Chatting with people back home and music.
15. What is your happiest memory?
When I got some good friends over here.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
From Hyderabad to my native place in Andhra Pradesh..
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
1) Dard ka rishta
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Its good that we all are in a good position and helping our family members. However mean while please do look at the poor ,needy people
in India take a step that you can do for these people. Be unselfish and don't for get where we all came from.
Meet Raghavender Boothpur.He currently resides in Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA.
Published - February 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.