1. Why did you leave India?
For better prospects.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Ofcourse, I would love to return to India and settle down in Bombay, Pune or Bangalore.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Good growth prospects - career wise and finance wise too.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
BOREDOM - Miss my folks way back in India.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes I would be a bit concerned, raising family in India and in the US, is quiet different.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I am married to a person who speaks a different language. But that hardly matters as we have a good understanding and this is the basis for a good family.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Eradicate poverty and bribery.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
2) Information Technology
3) Varied Culture
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Mrs. Indira Gandhi.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
Returning to India for vacation.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My honey moon trip.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Dosas , Idlis and Vadas with Sambhar and Chutney.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
2) Schindler's List
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Love every Indian and pass on the flame of unity.
Do not forget your roots.
Meet Chandra.He is currently living in Washington D.C., USA.
Published - January 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.