TATA AIG Travel Insurance
Overseas travel is common in today's global village. People travel for several reasons, most commonly for recreation, business and for visiting close ones in different countries. No matter why you travel overseas, exposure to an alien lifestyle, culture, cuisine and location does have health risk particularly for older travellers. Accidents, Sudden illness, Baggage loss, Baggage delay, Passport loss, trip delay etc are some of the unanticipated incidents that may curtail your travel plan. You may consider travel insurance as an extra expenditure but it is very essential to avoid financial disaster during an emergencies.
TATA AIG has designed a unique travel insurance plan called 'Travel Guard' that covers you during emergencies that are 'sudden and accidental'. NRIOL is an authorized partner with TATA AIG since 2004, with more than twenty thousand and growing satisfied online customers so far. You can buy Travel Guard insurance plan either using our Credit Card purchase
facility or using our Cheque payment facility
within NRIOL. The countries covered by Travel Guard are specified as Including America
and Excluding America
TATA AIG Insurance satisfying Schengen visa requirements
The following Schengen Visa plans can be bought for coverage in these countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Tata AIG Indian travel insurance plans fulfil Schengen visa consular needs
- Travelers aged 6 months – 55 years are eligible to buy these plans:
- Silver Plan - $50,000 max coverage
- Silver Plus Plan - $100,000 max coverage
- Gold Plan - $250,000 max coverage
- Platinum Plan - $500,000 max coverage
- Travelers aged 56 years – 70 years:
Silver Plan - $50,000 max coverage
- Travelers aged 71 years – 79 years:
Silver Plan - $50,000 max coverage
TATA AIG Asia Travel Guard
Holidays in Asian countries like Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Dubai, Sri Lanka, Maldives...is exotic and popular with many Indians. Those who are travelling within Asia for vacation can buy TATA AIG Asia Travel Guard for affordable price than going to other travel insurance plans. Under Asia travel Guard the insured is covered for a maximum period of fourteen days. Only Japan and Korea are excluded from Asia Travel Guard.
TATA AIG Annual Multi Trip
Annual Multi Trip by TATA AIG allows the insured to travel as many times as possible within the coverage period (One Year). However each trip cannot exceed a period of 30 to 45 days depending on the plan purchased. There are two Annual Multi Trip plans:
- Gold Plan- Maximum coverage of $250,000
- Platinum Plan- Maximum coverage of $500,000
TATA AIG Domestic Guard
People cannot neglect travel insurance even if it is a domestic travel. Domestic Guard covers the insured for travelling within India.
TATA AIG Student Guard
Studying abroad is an opportunity twice over. You can learn in the college of your choice, and use free time exploring new lands, new cultures. But remember, with this opportunity comes the risk of an accident or loss of sponsorship. Tata AIG's Student Guard plan is designed for people travelling abroad for studies.
TATA AIG Senior Citizen plan
Senior Citizen plan is specifically designed for those above the age of 70 years with a maximum coverage of US$10,000 per ailment. However, 70+ traveller should be accompanied by a traveller who is below 70 years.
TATA AIG Traveller Outside India plan
If you have already travelled outside India and require travel insurance coverage then you can go for Traveller Outside India plan.
Travel medical Insurance Coverage
- Coverage for Medical Expenses: Travel Guard takes care of your medical expenses due to accident and sickness while travelling so that you can stay peaceful.
- Checked baggage loss: The insured can avail compensation for the loss of checked in baggage under this plan.
- Baggage delay: Compensation for reasonable expenses incurred for purchase of emergency personal belongings in case the checked in baggage is delayed.
- Loss of Passport: Compensation for expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or new passport.
- Personal Liability: In case of death, bodily injury or damage to property caused involuntarily by the insured, then compensation for damages will be paid to a third party.
- In-hospital Indemnity: Travel Guard pays a Daily benefit for each day of stay as an inpatient in a hospital due to injury or sickness.
- Trip Delay: Reimbursement of additional expenses occurred due to trip delay (only if the trip has been delayed for more than 12 hours).
- Personal Accident: Travel Guard gives you worldwide coverage against Accidental Death and Dismemberment while you are abroad anywhere in the world.
- Sickness and Dental Relief: The policy pays for immediate Dental Treatment occurring due to sudden acute pain during the course of an overseas Insured Journey. Dental benefits will be provided for Medically Necessary filling of the tooth or surgical treatment, services, or supplies.
Main Exclusions in Travel Guard
The insured is not covered if any expenses incurred directly or indirectly in case of travelling against the advice of a physician for obtaining treatment. Pre-existing ailments and complications arising out of them are not covered. Suicide or attempted suicide, War, Terrorism, Illegal Acts, Dangerous Sports etc are excluded from Travel Guard coverage. For those who are above the age of 56 there are certain Sub Limits. For more Exclusion details please refer to the TATA AIG Travel Policy Wordings
TATA AIG Travel Insurance Claims, Cancellation and Renewal
TATA AIG has maintained a good reputation with clients for its effective claims settlement. Go through Tata aig claims procedure
to learn how to make claims. TATA AIG allows you to cancel the policy conveniently whenever you wish to. Follow the cancellation procedure
to get your travel insurance plan cancelled. In case if you want to extend or continue travel insurance coverage request for TATA AIG Travel insurance renewal
by filling a form.
AIG IS (AIG International Services Inc.)
- Assistance company in Americas (USA, Canada ...)
AIG Travel Assist
- Assistance company outside Americas (Europe, Asia, Australia ...)
24 hour assistance contact:
1. For the Americas Policies
1-866-866-2619 (Toll free within US & Canada)
1-817-826-7017 (reverse charge / collect from other places)
Fax : 713-953-7506
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address for submission of documents:
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited.
A-501, 5th Floor, Building No.4,
Infinity Park, Gen. A.K. Vaidya Marg,
Dindoshi, Malad (East), Mumbai, India - 400097.
2. For rest of the world policies excluding the Americas:
Phone: +603-8991-2012 or +603-8991-2014 (toll worldwide)
E-mail (Assistance) : TGAP.TATAmedical@travelguard.com
E-mail (claims) : TGAP.TATAclaims@travelguard.com
Our Service Center is equipped to provide you with the necessary guidance in your situation, and will direct you on claims procedure.
Note: Failure to call this number in respect of Medical Accident & Sickness Claims (Travel) shall invalidate your claim, if any. In case of OPD treatment (where hospitalization is not required), please collect all bills and receipts and file for reimbursement with Tata AIG, Claims Department, at the address mentioned above.
This is a General checklist of documents, please check for availability of coverage under the policy.