Travelling outside India will expose any traveler to risks like sickness, more serious medical emergencies, accidents, even hospitalization and all of these in unfamiliar locations. Travelers are also vulnerable to baggage loss/delay or losing their passports. When you buy Tata aig travel insurance you have AIG travel insurance coverage and can use TATA AIG visitor insurance services through a multi-lingual staff familiar with local conditions. TATA AIG Travel insurance products are reputed for their high service, reliability, excellence, worldwide coverage and provide best value for money. TATA AIG travel insurance is offered as Travelguard Silver ($50,000), Travelguard Silver Plus ($100,000),Travelguard Gold ($250,000) and Travelguard Platinum ($500,000) maximum medical coverage.
TATA AIG Travel Insurance Features
- Travel insurance India medical expenses coverage: Travel Guard covers medical expenses due to accident and sickness while traveling outside India.
- Health insurance for visitor from India checked baggage loss: Reimbursement for loss of checked in baggage.
- Travellers insurance India baggage delay: Reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred for purchase of emergency personal goods due to delay in arrival of checked in baggage while overseas.
- India travel insurance loss of Passport: Coverage for expenses incurred in obtaining a duplicate or new passport.
- Travel insurance India personal liability: Compensation for damages to be paid to a third party, resulting from death, bodily injury or damage to property; caused involuntarily by the insured.
- Hijacking: In the unfortunate event of the common carrier being hijacked, TATA travel insurance will pay a distress allowance.
- Travel medical insurance India In-hospital Indemnity: Travel Guard pays a daily benefit for each day as an inpatient in a hospital due to injury or sickness.
- Travel insurance from India Trip Delay: Reimbursement of additional expenses due to trip delay (only if the trip is delayed for more than 12 hours).
- Visitor Insurance India Personal Accident: TravelGuard gives worldwide coverage against Accidental Death and Dismemberment while abroad.
- Sickness Dental Relief: The policy pays for immediate dental treatment occurring due to sudden acute pain during an overseas insured journey. Dental benefits will be provided for medically necessary filling of the tooth or surgical treatment, services, or supplies.
- Newly introduced TATA AIG travel guard benefits are:
- Trip Cancellation and Trip Curtailment
- Missed Connection/Departure
- Bounced Hotel/Airline booking
- Home burglary
- Fraudulent Charges (payment Card security)
- Pre-existing coverage up to $1500 only incase of life threatening situation
TATA AIG Travelguard Gold plan is recommended for persons between 56 - 70 years.
Overseas mediclaim insurance - TATA AIG Travel Insurance Assistance services
AIG Assist (USA & Canada) and AIG Travel Assist (Rest of World) are available round the clock for any assistance:
AIG IS (AIG International Services Inc.)
- Pre-departure services - information about foreign locations, passport / visa requirements, immunization needs etc
- Emergency Travel Agency - provides 24 hour travel agency service for airline and hotel reservations.
- Medical Assistance - Assistance in contacting the local medical facility and determine the next course of action. Assistance company will also recommend or assist in securing services of local physician and arranging medical services.
- Medical Evacuation & Repatriation - In the event of medical emergency, the assistance services will arrange for evacuation and transportation based on the medical evaluation of traveler condition. Travel Guard also provides for repatriation of remains in case of unfortunate death of the insured while overseas.
- Lost travel documents assistance
- Emergency Message transmission services
- Embassy referral services
- Claims procedures Information services
- Assistance company in Americas (USA, Canada ...)
AIG Travel Assist
- Assistance company outside Americas (Europe, UK, UAE, Asia, Australia ...)
24 hour overseas travel insurance assistance information:
Tata aig health insurance usa:
1. For the Americas Policies(USA and Canada)
1-866-866-2619 (Toll free within US & Canada)
1-817-826-7017 (reverse charge / collect from other places)
Fax : 713-953-7506
Address for submission of documents:
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited.
A-501, 5th Floor, Building No.4,
Infinity Park, Gen. A.K. Vaidya Marg,
Dindoshi, Malad (East), Mumbai, India - 400097.
2. For rest of the world policies excluding the Americas (UK, UAE, Australia, Europe ..):
Phone: +603-8991-2012 or +603-8991-2014 (toll worldwide)
E-mail (Assistance) : TGAP.TATAmedical@travelguard.com
E-mail (claims) : TGAP.TATAclaims@travelguard.com
To provide quality health care in the United States of America and Canada, TATA AIG is working with the United Health Group, the leading Health Care provider in the USA. This gives our travel insurance from India to USA customers access to United Healthcare network of hospitals and physicians in USA.
AIG Service Center is equipped to provide travelers with all necessary guidance and will help you with the claims procedure.
Failure to call the number provided in the policy with respect to Medical Accident & Sickness Claims (Travel) shall invalidate your claim. In the case of Out patient, OPD treatment (where hospitalization is not required), please keep all bills and receipts and file for reimbursement with the Tata AIG, Claims Department, at the address mentioned above.
More details about TATA AIG travel insurance claims procedure
Best travel insurance from India online
for complete peace of mind - Tata AIG Travel Insurance from India !
Overseas travel insurance from India- TATA Travel Insurance Policy Exclusions
Travelers are not covered if any expenses incurred involves:
Other benefits include:
- Traveling against the advice of a Physician;
- For obtaining treatment;
- Pre-existing ailments & complications arising out of them;
- Suicide or attempted suicide;
- Illegal Acts;
- Dangerous Sports; etc.
24 hrs Wolrdwide Emergency Assistance Services, Emergency Medical Evacuation,
Repatriation of Remains, Felonious Assault, Lost Luggage, Personal Liability Aboard, Accident and sickness Medical Coverage
For other exclusions please refer to the policy wordings.
Tata AIG Travel Guard India includes
- Medical Emergency Assistance
- Baggage Claim
- Direct settlement for in-Hospital Medical Expenses Abroad (Subject to policy terms and conditions and sub limits)
- Medical Evacuation & Repatriation
- Loss of Passport Assistance
Credit or Debit Card Purchase - TATA Travel insurance Online
You can buy overseas TATA AIG travelguard insurance online using a credit card from anywhere in the world.
Most customers purchase TATA AIG travel insurance from USA, the UK, UAE, Europe, Canada, Australia ... for parents or other family members traveling from India. For travel to Europe from India, the Schengen state consulates insist on travel insurance from India before issuing the Schengen visa. Customers can buy travel medical insurance using an international or Indian credit card or debit card. After completing the overseas travel insurance application online, you will receive an immediate acknowledgement. The TATA travel Insurance policy along with other relevant documents will be emailed to the ID in the online application. If requested, the insurance policy will also be couriered to the Indian address in the application. Buy TATA AIG Travel insurance using a Credit/Debit card for instant policy.
Cheque / Demand draft / Net Banking - Travel insurance Purchase option
For customers who do not want to use a credit card, payment can be made by TATA travel insurance cheque/Demand draft payment option.
The policy will be issued on receiving the cheque or Demand draft.
Call us at +91(80) 4110 1026 in India
. Our travel insurance Advisor will assist you with specific details and you can select the travel plan you need. The TATA Travel insurance policy is available only to Indian residents. It is ideal travel insurance online from India to Australia, UAE, Europe, Canada, USA.