is capital city of United Arab Emirates, which is located to the south east of the Persian Gulf on the Arabian Peninsula and has the largest population. Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the only two countries having the power called veto over the serious matters regarding the importance of nation.
Dubai was formed in 1833 by Sheikh Maktoum bin Buti al Maktoum, where he influenced 800 members of the Bani Yas tribe, living in Saudi Arabia to track him to the Dubai Creek by the Al Abu Falasa clan of Bani Yas.
Oil was established in the year 1966. The replacement of Gulf rupee to the new monetary work was done by Dubai and emirate of Qatar. Foreign workers worked towards the improvement of oil economy in Dubai, rapidly expanding the city and bringing the international oil goods to Dubai. In 1971 UK left the area and then later modern city of Dubai was created. During this time Dubai, joined with Abu Dhabi and four other nations, formed the United Arab Emirates.
Dubai has the major economy towards the oil industry and emerged as the global city and famous trading center. Dubai attracts many visitors through many landscapes, beaches, fishing resorts and sports events. Dubai economy is also dependent on tourism, real estate and financial services. Deserts are the most thrilling experience for the tourists.
According to Koppen climate classification Dubai has a very hot climate. Dubai summers are very hot, windy and humid with an average temperature of 42°C. Most days are sunny throughout the year.
- Dubai mall: The Dubai mall is the world's largest shopping malls in terms of total area. It is a part of the Burj Khalifa complex, where you can find 1200 shops inside the mall.
- Mall of the emirates: This is the part of Al Barsha district of Dubai, which is one of the big shopping malls in the world. This has a range of shopping from higher price to lower price, good time for leisure and entertainment and recreation.
- Dubai Marina mall: Marina mall started in the year 2005 where you can find 116 retail shops, cafes and eateries, 4 floors of parking with 2000 spaces, a Waitrose Supermarket, Kids Zone, children's play area, a six screen cinema and an attached restaurant.
- IBN Batuta mall Dubai: It has been considered as one of the busiest mall in Dubai, which includes some of the attractive items with unique brands.
- Road: The Public Bus Transport system in Dubai is handled by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA). The bus system handles 140 routes and transports over 109 million people every year.
- Air: Dubai International Airport handles the cities of Dubai and other important countries. This airport was the 15th crowded airport and handled around 40.9 million passengers in the year 2009.
- Metrorail's: It was opened in the year 2009. UK-based international service company Serco Group is being in charge for handling the metro issues. It is the world's second inexpensive transportation after Tehran metro in Iran. The metro runs from the Etisalat Station to the Creek Station and the Red Line, which travels from Rashidiya Station to Jebel Ali Station Jebel Ali.
- Waterways: There are two major commercial ports in Dubai namely Port Rashid and Port Jebel Ali. Port Rashid handles bulk cargo, minerals, chemicals, petroleum, and foodstuffs. Port Jebel Ali is the world's largest man-made harbour and the 7th-busiest port in the world. Water bus is a fully air conditioned boat service only for some destinations.
- Beaches in Dubai: Dubai is famous for the sandy beaches, and the city's sunny environment makes the people rush towards the beach every day. Beach activities include snorkeling, scuba diving, jet skiing and fishing.
- Parks in Dubai: There are some amusement parks as well as recreational centers inside the parks. These parks have greenery environments where people can hang out to these places to escape from the city's life.
- Fishing in Dubai: Dubai is a favourite spot for fishing. Dubai is an amazing place for many mariners and sea fishing supporters. Deep sea fishing is a thrilling activity followed in the waters of Dubai, and it is a fun with adventure.
- Wonderland Theme Park Dubai: A big air-conditioned indoor centre with over 100 rides, arcade games and video games. This is also a place for the family members to chit chat with the Mithu's Nescafe.
- Art Galleries in Dubai: This is famous for beautiful scenery and art galleries, which are becoming world famous. Artists from different parts of the Middle East and other countries show their talent and displaying their art works in galleries.
For more details on Dubai Visa Information visit: Dubai Visa Information.
|Indian Embassy at Dubai, UAE
|Consulate General of India
||Al-Hamaria Diplomatic Enclave,
||Office hour: 0800 to 1630 hrs. from Sunday to Thursday. 1300 to 1400 hrs. - Lunch Break
Deposit of Visas: 08:00 A.M to 12:00 P.M
Collection of Visas: 04:00 P.M to 06:00 P.M