occupies the Southern Hemisphere and has many islands of Indian Ocean, Pacific Ocean and islands of Tasmania. Indonesia, East Timor and Papua New Guinea to the north; the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and New Caledonia to the north-east; and New Zealand to the south-east are the neighbouring countries of Australia.
Australia is said to be the developed country because it has the high economy and income. Australia has many comparisons to international level like life, health, education, political rights etc.
The history of Australia started in 42,000 and 48,000 years ago, people have migrated from different places towards the bridges and sea places in Australia.
During 18th century when Europeans settled in Australia, most of the Australians were animal hunters and had the ancient culture and many superstitious beliefs in them.
Australia comprises of six states namely: New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia, and two major mainland territories are: the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory.
The Australian climate is influenced by the currents that are produced inside the ocean. Australia is a semi-desert area with wide range of forests and habitats that are found in desert. Australian forest area mostly covers species, eucalyptus trees and wattles. Australia has most dangerous fauna in the Wild parks.
- Sterling jewellers: This is the best place to get jewellery, watches and antique clocks. They are also famous for selling the second hand watches like Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, Jaeger, LeCoultre, IWC, Baume & Mercier and other watch brands.
- Harbour tour florist: This center is located near the Harbour town in Biggera Waters. They deal with other states and countries to take the flora orders and provide the best delivery services.
- Australia on collins: Located near the Melbourne, here you get the household articles, fashionable items, home wares, gifts, health and beauty products. This shopping center also includes food courts and innovative restaurants.
- E Shed markets: Fremantle's E-Shed Markets attracts thousands of residents and visitors. This market is famous for local handicrafts, antiques and collectables, fashion both vintage and new, fresh organic fruits and vegetables, and the warm aroma of a coffee.
Places to visit
- Paronella park: This is the Jose Paronella's dream that came into a reality. He built the place that is the center of a picnic, tennis courts, bridges, a tunnel, and the park is surrounded by 7,500 plants.
- Pamper professionals: It is a place to hang out with friends and family, as well as making time for oneself. Pamper Professionals are a team of highly qualified therapists, offers beauty tip and treatments.
Ginger factory: Here is the place to taste the Buderim Ginger and has many fans around the world. There is no entry fee and you can also have onsite browsing, you can enjoy different flavors of ice cream and baked ginger.
- Roads: There are 3 different types of roads namely: federal highways, state highways and local roads. The roadways are divided into paved and unpaved. The roadways in Australia were constructed in the late 1990s to relieve from the traffic in the city and to cross the waterways.
- Metro: Metro is not provided in all the cities. Presently Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth's have the partial metro services.
- Waterways: During the 19th century, Murray-Darling Basin was used by paddle steamers to transport the wool and wheat but the water level was very high, impossible to travel across the river, so the waterways are not the important means of transportation.
For more details on Australia Visa Information visit: Australia Visa Information.
|Indian Embassy at Australia
|Consulate General of India
||Level 10, 190 George Street,
Sydney NSW 2000 (New South Wales) Australia
||Submission and collection of documents: 9:30 A.M to 12:30 P.M
Consulate working hours 9 A.M to 5.30 P.M (Monday-Friday)